A quaint quirky little home with a warm welcome!
The Old Fire Station is charming, quaint and quirky. The building has had a varied life, originally built to house the town ‘Fire Pump’, and later converted into the town toilets! This fully equipped small home is well placed to explore the surrounding areas. It strategically sits in the heart of the town, amid all the hustle and bustle.
How to book
- Available dates are shown within circles.
- Click on the date for arrival.
- If you wish to change your arrival date, refresh the page to reset the calendar.
- Choose how many nights you would like to stay.
- You will be prompted with a confirmation pop up box.
Prices per night
Mon–Fri: £65 per night • Fri–Mon: £75 per night
- This little apartment feels like ‘home from home’. It is modern yet comfortable with a sofa bed if you have little ones travelling with you. Do not forget to ask us for extra bedding for the sofa bed if you have more than a couple in your party.
- The dining area comfortably seats a couple for a romantic evening meal.
- The bathroom has plenty of hot water and a fully tiled wet room, giving you extra space!
- The bed is a standard sized double bed with feather duvet and pillows. If you need a polyester pillow please bring your favourite from home.
- The outside area has table and chairs for outside dining and a smoking shelter. Please make sure that you smoke outside in the shelter and all your butts are removed and taken with you when you leave. It’s difficult asking my cleaners to clear up soggy butts from the garden in preparation for the next guests arrival. Thank you for your co-operation with this.
- We do like a quirky property which we hope you will enjoy but, all areas can be very slippery when wet and some surfaces are very uneven. Please take care!
The surrounding area
- It is quite quirky staying in The Old Fire Station! Brandon is a small market town famous for flint knapping.
- The local country park has wonderful walks and a little coffee shop.
- A few miles away you can find High Lodge. A wonderful exciting day out in Thetford Forest, so if you are feeling really fit try Go Ape, I am told it’s really exhausting but good fun!
- Brandon is well placed and equal distance to Norwich, Kings Lynn and Ipswich. Norwich is our local city where you can find everything you would ever want.
- Bury St Edmunds is a thriving local market town with great independent shops and some old Abbey ruins.
- For the ‘Dads Army’ fans, you can visit the museum in Thetford. Many famous episodes were filmed in the surrounding areas.
- The fantastic Norfolk and Suffolk coasts are only an hour from your accommodation. Wonderful seascapes, seals and Sandringham along with all the joys of Norfolk.
The WiFi in the Old Fire Station is BT Fibre so will keep up with all your email and streaming needs! Don’t forget to bring your USB stick for Netflix.
If you have a mobile disability, we suggest that you call us before booking this property. For more information click here.
Unfortunately, this property doesn’t cater for pets 🙁
- High chair and travel cot available on request.
To see our Cancellation Policy click here.
To see further information on The Old Fire Station click here.