A quintessential quaint village hideaway
This beautiful studio retreat is fully equipped to offer a base for you and your dog to explore. Yes, dogs are always welcome here! After a long walk in the forest and discovering the surrounding area there will be an inviting hot tub for you to unwind and relax in. The small village has no pubs or shops, so make sure to bring some provisions with you.
How to book
- Available dates are shown within circles.
- Click on the date for arrival.
- If you wish to change your arrival date, refresh the page to reset the calendar.
- Choose how many nights you would like to stay.
- You will be prompted with a confirmation pop up box.
Prices per night
Mon–Fri: £58 per night • Fri–Mon: £75 per night
- This little place feels like ‘home from home’. It is modern yet comfortable with a sofa bed if you have little ones travelling with you. Do not forget to ask us for extra bedding if your party is larger than two.
- The dining area comfortably seats a couple for a romantic evening meal or extra chairs can be provided if the party is larger.
- The bathroom has plenty of hot water and a fully tiled wet room giving you loads of space!
- The bed is a normal size double bed with feather duvet and pillows. If you need a polyester pillow please bring your favourite from home.
We do like a quirky garden which we hope you will enjoy. It can be slippery when wet and some surfaces are very uneven. Please take care.
- The outside area has table and chairs for outside dining and a smoking shelter. Please make sure that you smoke outside in the shelter and all your butts are removed and taken with you when you leave. It’s difficult asking my cleaners to clear up soggy butts from the garden in preparation for the next guests arrival. Thank you for your co-operation with this.
- Broadband onsite – we are very rural so signal may vary, not suitable for streaming.
- You also get a hot tub!
The surrounding area
- Rushford is a small village with no pubs or shops, please make sure to bring some provisions with you.
- Knettishall Heath – a beautiful walk with wild ponies roaming free. It is about a 20-minute walk to the heath through a tree canopied country road.
- Thetford Forest is a beautiful forest with plenty of walking and cycling or Go Ape at High Lodge if you are feeling particularly fit.
- Thetford town is around 4 miles from the village where you can pick up supplies.
- Bury St Edmunds, our local market town, is full of independent shops, a theatre and a cinema.
- Norwich is our local city with everything that you would ever want!
- All the Norfolk and Suffolk coasts are beautiful and only an hour’s drive away.
If you have a mobile disability, we suggest that you call us before booking this property. For more information click here.
PETSThis property does cater for pets :-). Whilst we are very happy to host both you and your pet there are just a couple of considerations. Your pets are on holiday too! We ask that they are not left unattended in Quavers Rest because we have a dog of our own which is rarely in the same area as Quavers Rest but I politely remind you that it is her ‘turf’! For dog owners there are plenty of lovely walks in the village and it is assumed that you will clear up behind your dogs whilst enjoying the countryside. For cat owners, we ask that you agree to place the litter tray in the designated place and cage your cat if you need to leave the property. Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to seeing both you and your pet For more information read section 2.11 in the Terms & Condions click here.
- Hot tub available on pre-bookings only. Payment on arrival, £40 per stay.
Click here and download the ‘Hot Tub Pre-booking and Agreement Form’
Sign and date it, take a photo and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- High chair and travel cot available on request.
To see our Cancellation Policy click here.
To see further information on Quavers Rest click here.